Converting a PowerPoint Presentation Into a PowerPoint Show Presentation Format
If you have created a presentation in PowerPoint, and want to turn it into a video with narration, you can do this without any additional software. This feature is available in PowerPoint 2010 and later. You can audio to your Powerpoint slides by following the steps below:
1. Record a Narration
Under the Slideshow tab, choose Record Slideshow.
This will launch the presentation, and it will record your narration through whatever is set as the default microphone on your computer (be sure to test that audio is being picked up by external mics).
Go through your presentation normally and it will record the entire session as you do.
For additional information on recording a narration using PowerPoint, please click here.
2. Saving The Presentation as a PowerPoint Show
Once you recorded your narration, you can convert your PowerPoint presentation into a PowerPoint Show. Be sure to save your file as both a PowerPoint file, so you can go back and edit the PowerPoint later if you need to.
Save as a PowerPoint Show
When someone opens a PowerPoint Show file, it appears full-screen in Slide Show, rather than in edit mode. The viewer begins watching the presentation immediately.
On the File menu, select Save to ensure all your recent work has been saved in PowerPoint presentation format (.pptx).
- On the File menu, select Save As.
- Choose the folder location where you want to store your PowerPoint Show file.
- In the Save as type box, choose PowerPoint Show (*.ppsx).
- The list of file types in PowerPoint includes "PowerPoint Show (.ppsx)".
- Select Save. Save the file with paper title.
3. Add your Powerpoint presentation to the symposium page
You can easily upload your presentation by clicking here or send your email: email@example.com
4. Get a link to join the meeting room for the online presentation.