• There are no current item to show

1. How do I apply to the Erasmus+ programme?

Pamukkale University determines dates for the application for Erasmus+ Study or Traineeship each year once or twice. These dates will be announced on the International Relations Office (IRO) website. Eligible students can apply from their Pusula system.

2. What are the selection criteria?

Eligible undergraduate students should have a minimum of 2.50/4.00 General Grade Points (GPA), and for the graduates (MA and PhD), a minimum GPA should be 3.00/4.00. Besides, students should also fulfil the language requirements. Therefore, a minimum of 60 out of 100 for the Erasmus+ examination held by PAU or equivalent to 60 for YDS, YÖKDİL, TOEFL and IELTS are satisfactory.

NOTE: The minimum language requirement for undergraduates is 60 out of 100 and postgraduates is 65 out of 100.

Other criteria are as below;

Academic standing: 50%

Language level: 50%

3. Can associate degree students benefit from Erasmus+?

Yes, they can. Students who can benefit from the Erasmus+ exchange programme are as follows:

*associate degree or short cycle (EQF level 5),

*bachelor or equivalent first cycle (EQF level 6),

*master or equivalent second cycle (EQF level 7),

*doctorate or equivalent third cycle (EQF level 8).

4. How long can my Erasmus+ period for studies or traineeship abroad be?

Students and doctoral candidates are able to study abroad for a period of 3 months (or one academic term or trimester), and up to a maximum of 12 months per study cycle.

The duration of a traineeship abroad is a minimum of 2 months to a maximum of 12 months. In case of a combined study and traineeship, the maximum duration is 3 months and the maximum duration is 12 months, no matter how the times shared between studies and traineeship.

For staff mobility, the minimum duration (excluding level) is 2 days when the mobility is between Programme Countries and 5 days when it is between Programme and Partner Countries. In both cases, the maximum duration is 60 days.

5. Can I go to an institution/a university as an Erasmus+ student of my own choice?

No, you cannot. Your department/faculty should have a bilateral agreement with the university you want to go to. You can see the list of agreements with countries and departments on this link.

6. What is a Bilateral Agreement?

Bilateral Agreement is the document signed by two parts holding Erasmus+ University Charter. Erasmus mobilities for students (Associate degree, BA, MA and PhD) and/or university staffs for both incoming and outgoing are based on bilateral agreements.

7. Can I make a bilateral agreement?

No, students cannot make bilateral agreements. International Relations Office and/or departmental/school/faculty coordinators are allowed to make bilateral agreements.

8. Can I go to a university that my university has an agreement with but not my department?

No, you cannot. The department you are studying should have a bilateral agreement with the university you would like to visit.

9 Is there any web page address where I can find the universities that offer partnerships?


10. What is the Learning Agreement (LA)?

Learning Agreement is the document where you will list the courses you would like to take from the host institution with the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) and course codes.

11. What is Online Learning Agreement (OLA)?

The Online Learning Agreement is a tool that has been developed by the European University Foundation and the Erasmus+ Student Network for the 21st Century mobile student: it allows the Erasmus+ Learning Agreement (LA) to be prepared online, sent by e-mail to both the home and host universities and be signed a touchscreen (institutional coordinators also have the option of uploading an image of a signature and/or stamp).

Their proposals are sent to our departmental coordinators who approve them electronically (in case the proposal is not acceptable, then the students are told to modify it). Once the proposal has been approved, the students will be able to download the Learning Agreement in PDF format, which will be signed by both the Departmental Coordinator (electronic signature) and the Institutional Coordinator (digital signature). 

12. After completing the Learning Agreement, can I change my courses before or after going abroad?

Yes, students can change their courses during their mobility within the first month with the permission of your departmental coordinator from both host and home institutions. The completed part of your Learning Agreement should have a signature and should be sent to PAU IRO.

13. What are the documents I have to complete and is the procedure I have to follow?

a) Learning Agreement: Before the mobility part of your LA must have three original copies (with wet ink and stamp).

b) Changes: During the mobility part of the LA is for the students who decide to change the courses added on before the mobility part.

c) Certification of Attendance: It is a paper that shows the dates of your arrival to and departure from the host institution, given after the mobility.

d) Transcript of Records (ToR): It is a detailed document that shows your marks/grades. It should be taken by the student affairs office.

e) Mobility Tool Online Survey

f) Online Linguistic Support (OLS): It is an online language examination made 3 times; before during and after your mobility.

g) Other documents: the documents your host institution will/may ask for.

14. What are the important features of the documents?

Your documents should be completed fully, should have a date, your name, signature and stamp. Detailed information will be given on the information sessions. Therefore, your participation in those sessions is vital.

15. Will I pay the enrolment fee to the university I applied to?

No, you will not. Erasmus students are not in charge of the application, examination and study fees. Nevertheless, your host institution may ask for money for other situations such as using the laboratories and materials etc.

16. Who will arrange the accommodation for the Erasmus+ period?

Your host university is not responsible for the accommodation; it is your responsibility to find a place to stay. Nevertheless, they will/may direct you to the university facilities, dorms and/or flats near you. 

17. Will I attend the orientation programme of the host university?

Your participation in the orientation programme is quite vital. It allows you to know and easily adapt to the city, university and its’ facilities, and the education system of the receiving institution.

18. I cannot find courses related to my field. What should I do?

Students are allowed to select courses from different departments and faculties. With the guidance of your office and departmental coordinator, you can select and/or change your courses afterwards. For further information and to prevent possible problems, please also get in touch with the departmental coordinator of PAU.

19. When will I get my Erasmus+ grant after completing my application?

Erasmus grants are paid to the students in two instalments. The first payment consists of the 70% paid before the mobility to the Euro accounts. The second payment covers after the mobility and it is arranged according to the date of departure from the host country. Besides this, students should also fulfil their obligations and pass the exams successfully.

20. How much Erasmus+ grant can I get?

Erasmus+ grants support, defined by the National Agencies for the 2021/2027 years, depending on the countries. Students who go to Group 1 and 2 Programme Countries (such as Italy, France, Spain, Germany etc.) are paid 500 € for Erasmus Study and 600 € for Traineeship; Group 3 Programme Countries (such as Poland, Lithuania, Estonia etc.) are paid 300 € for Erasmus Study and 400 € for Traineeship. For more information, please see the table of “. Grant Support for the Mobility of Study and Traineeship of Students”.

21. During my time abroad, will I be enrolled in my home university, pay my tuition fee and select courses?

While you are in your host university, you should be enrolled at PAU and pay your tuition fee (if you have to); nevertheless, you will not select courses from your home university but from your host institution.

22. Will KYK cut my scholarship if I am accepted to Erasmus+ mobility?

No, Erasmus students will keep taking their KYK scholarship and other scholarships and loans, during the time abroad.

23. What are the procedures for Passport and Visa application? Is this my responsibility?

This procedure is the responsibility of the student; nevertheless, after receiving your Acceptance Letter, the International Office of your home university will prepare a grant document for you so that you can give that document to the consulate.

24. When should and how can I apply for a visa?

After being selected as an Erasmus student and receiving your Acceptance Letter from your host institution, you should apply for the visa. For further information, please check the website of the embassy/consulate of the country you go to.

25. Which health insurance should I have?

Each country has its own demands, they may ask for General Health Insurance, Private Health Insurance or Public Health Insurance. Therefore, before having health insurance, you should be in touch with the responsible person of the receiving institution. For Erasmus study, “Education, Travel, Health Insurance” is valid. As for the traineeship, “Education, Travel, Health and Personal Liability Insurance” is acceptable.

26. How can I get in touch with the responsible person at the receiving institution?

You can find the contact address of the university you applied to or want to apply to from their website or ask your international office or after your nomination, the responsible person at the receiving institution will send an information mail to you. You can ask your questions to that mail address.

27. Will there be the equivalence of the host university courses with PAU? How many courses do I have to take?

Yes, the courses you will take from the host university, written on your LA, will be equivalent to your home university. The courses you will take should be 30 ECTS, and/or a minimum of 28 and a maximum of 32.

28. How will I match my courses at the home university with the host university?

Students should fill their Learning Agreements correctly and complete the whole pages (before and during the mobility). PAU IRO is not responsible for your courses. Therefore, it is really important to be in touch with your departmental coordinator and get advice.

29. What is an Academic Recognition Certificate?

Academic Recognition Certificate is the document that shows the courses you took from the receiving institution and its equivalence in your home university. This document should be filled along with your coordinator and be accepted by faculty/institution and should be forwarded to the International Relations Office.

30. How can I find a university or an institution for Erasmus Traineeship?

Unlike Erasmus study, finding a place for traineeship is the responsibility of the student. Nevertheless, there are websites where students can check the possibilities such as Besides this, students can also get in touch with the previous traineeship students and ask about their experience. It is also suggested that students should be careful while searching for companies. Nevertheless, there is no need to contact a company to get benefit from the Erasmus for a traineeship. 

31. I could not succeed in the courses I took during my mobility. What should I do?

You still have to bring your LA to the International Relations Office of your home university. The requirement for the Erasmus study is to pass 7.5 ECTS in one-semester activities; 15 ECTS in two-term activities and these are based on the total mobility of the student. Otherwise, students will lose their chance to receive 30% of the Erasmus grant.

32. What will happen if I cannot pass my 2 courses out of 5 successfully at the host university?

Those failed courses will be taken from your home university after your arrival.

33. How does Online Language Support (OLS) affect the Erasmus grants?

OLS test is compulsory for all participants partaking in Erasmus mobility for studies, traineeship or volunteering in another Programme Country. The first language assessment will be taken before the mobility period and the second will be taken after the mobility period. Students who do not take the test will not take 5% of their Erasmus grants.

34. I am older than 25 years old. What should I do to get benefit from Passport without paying a fee?

Students under the age of 25 are not required to pay the passport fee and this right is the same for the students who are above 25 years old if they provide the requirements: IRO of your home university will prepare a document (only if you ask for, a week before your appointment will help the IRO staff). Later, along with the other documents, you should go to the tax office and then to the birth registration office respectively. This can only be accepted if the student goes abroad for Erasmus exchange programmes (either for study or traineeship), Work & Travel, language educations etc.