Residence Permit

If your stay in Turkey will last more than 3 months you have to obtain a Student Visa. Please contact the Turkish Embassy in your home country and learn the details of visa application procedure.

 All international students must register with the Foreign National departments of the Police Head quarters(Emniyet Müdürlüğü Yabancılar Şubesi) in Denizli within a month (30 days) after entering Turkey (you have already found a place to stay).

You will be provided a Residence Permit card (İkamet Belgesi) valid for the period of time you will be studying at Pamukkale University as indicated on Student Visa.

Requirements to get residence permit for exchange students

  1.    Residence Permit Aplication Form (will be provided by International Relations Office)
  2.     3 passport-size photos
  3.     Copy of Passport (the page that includes personal  identfying information and the page stamped at your entry)
  4.     Official Letter (this document is provided by Pamukkale University International Relations Office)
  5.     Passport (to show the police officer when applying the residece permit)
  6.     55 TL Residence Permit Fee (will be paid to ‘Tax Office’ in city center,keep in mind that you should get a tax number first     in the same place.)
  7.     A health insurance that meets the required criterias by Immigration Office

  1.  **Please be advised that foreign students do not have right to work legally in Turkey.


On the 2nd of October 2014 a new circular is published by Immigration Office and there are some changes about Health Insurance.

You have two options for the insurance:

1)Having a public insurance from your country (only countries listed below)

If you have a public health insurance in your country and your country is mentioned below you will be exempted from Health Insurance if you do these steps. In order to reach these documents you should contact with your insurance company and you should receive the forms arranged for your name and details.

Requirements to be fulfilled to be exempt from the General Health Insurance: 

If you have a formulary "Medical Assistance Entitlement Certificate" indicated below, please give one copy.The Social Security Directorate/Center will give a paper in return. Give the copy of your formulary and the paper given by the Social Security Directorate Center to Police at your appointment as your Health Insurance.

  • Germany T/A 11, T/A 9, T/A 20 ,
  • The Netherlands N/TUR 106, N/TUR 111, N/TUR 121
  • Belgium BT.8, BT 16
  • Austria A/TR 3, A/TR 4
  • France  SE 208-01 FT, SE 208-02 FT SE 208-30 FT, SE 208-06 A FT, SE 208-28 FT,SE 208-09 FT
  • Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus K.K.T.C/T.C. 3, K.K.T.C/T.C. 6
  • Romania R/TR 3, R/TR5, R/TR 6
  • Bosnia-Herzegovina BH/TR 4, BH/TR 6, BH/TR 7
  • The Czech Republic CZ/TR 111
  • Macedonia MC/TR 4, TR/MC 6
  • Luxembourg TR/L 3, TR/L 5
  • Albania AL/TR 4, TR/AL 5

And you should be careful that your expire date of your insurnce shall be longer than your acceptance letter`s last date.

2)Getting a private insurance from your country

 Those applying for a residence permit shall be required to arrange an insurance in Turkey and at an insurance company operating in Turkey in compliance with Article 15 entitled “Insurances which could be Arranged Abroad” of the Law on Insurance numbered 5684. Some insurances organized abroad haven`t been accepted by the Turkish police, so you should mind that your insurance covers these requriements.

  • It shall mention the coverage as worldwide or at least the name “Turkey” as a country.
  • It shall cover the dates that you are planning to stay in Turkey as Erasmus student. We recommend you to do your insurance at least one more month later than your last month in Turkey just in case..
  • It shall cover minimum 22000 TL(Turkish Liras) or equal amount(Euros,Dollar etc.).So,please make sure that coverage amount is enough.
  • It has to contain English translation,otherwise International Relations Office can not know what is written and can not approve it.

General Health Insurance for International Students:

A new regulation on the Turkish Law concerning General Health Insurance for international students entered into force on 29.05.2013. According to the new regulation, international students studying at Turkish universities (regardless of whether they are scholarship or non-scholarship students) are entitled to have General Health Insurance upon request.

Within the scope of this law, international students, who will start their studies at a Turkish university, are entitled to have General Health Insurance within the first three months after the date of their first registration at the university and they are required to pay a monthly health insurance premium of 40,86 TL between the dates of 01.07.2013  - 31.12.2013.

International students who have already enrolled and started their studies at a Turkish university by this date (29.05.2013) are entitled to have a General Health Insurance upon request on condition that they make the request within six months from 29.05.2013.

Please note that, within the scope of this law, international students who do not make the General Health Insurance request within the time period indicated above will not be entitled to have the General Health Insurance for entire period of their studies.

How to get health insurance:

Visit and make an inquiry with your Residence Permit number and date of birth to get your Foreign Identity Number.

International students, who demand to be entitled to have General Health Insurance, must go to Denizli Provincial Directorate of Social Security Institution (SGK).

Address: Denizli Sosyal Güvenlik İl Müdürlüğü

 Adalet Mahallesi Hasan Gönüllü Caddesi  No :9 DENİZLİ

 T : 0 258 264 5221