School of Foreign Languages Directorate
PAMUKKALE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES
It is a pioneer and dynamic institution which, basing on “Common Criteria in Teaching Foreign Languages” by European Council, possesses qualified and competent academic staff , modern and ergonomic physical structure (4,850 m² indoor space), as well as up-to-date and technical equipment, in order to provide academic foreign language education and skills to our students at global level. To that end, we follow the latest national and international methods and techniques, concentrate on ensuring academic contribution, and on offering competency based education.
“In consideration of national and international developments, to become a pioneer and dynamic institution that concentrates on providing academic contribution to students and that offers competency based education”.
“To provide basic foreign language knowledge and skills to all students in our university so that they can develop individual academic skills and express themselves in varying environments”.
3. OBJECTIVES AND TARGETS
The objective of foundation is to give foreign language education to “students who are enrolled in associate degree, undergraduate and master programmes with preparatory English class” for one year, pursuant to Pamukkale University Foreign Languages Education and Teaching By law.
For this purpose, the principal values of our institution are;
• To be open to innovation, to possess social sensitivity, and to be reconciliatory and participative,
• To ground on specialism and knowledge, as well as holistic view and learning, participative institutional identity, multidimensional, motivating and coordinating approach
• To ensure preciseness and reliability in assessments, to incorporate latest data, optimum use of restricted sources and problem solving.
Educational activities continue with 46 instructors, 12 lecturers, 1 teacher and 8 administrative staff.
Our school was established pursuant to “Cabinet Decree no. 2004/7337, published in 11.06.2004 dated and 25489 numbered Official Gazette”, and the education began in Fall Term in 2007-2008 Academic year. Moreover, apart from 1500 preparatory students at School of Foreign Languages building, the faculty and high school students in our university get obligatory common foreign language (English, German and French) courses from our Academic Staff, pursuant to article 40/A of law no. 2547.
6. SCHOOL OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES EQUIPMENT:
• DVD player (on PC)
• Sound system
• Desktop computer
• Internet connection
7. SUPPORTIVE FACILITIES FOR FOREIGN LANGUAGE EDUCATION AT OUR SCHOOL:
• 31 classrooms
• Computer labs (3 labs: 55+20+20)
• Books, magazines, audiovisual materials regarding foreign language education, wireless internet connection
8. ACADEMIC UNITS WHICH SUPPORT EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES AT SCHOOL OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES:
• Exam Centre Coordination Department
• Material and Programme Development Coordination Department
• Vocational Training Coordination Department
• Educational Support Coordination Department
• Erasmus and Farabi Student Exchange Coordination Department
• International Exam Centre Coordination Department (PTE ACADEMIC EXAM CENTRE)
• Social and Academic Activities Coordination Department
• Rolling Capital Unit – Courses Coordination Department