The theater of Tripolis was placed on the natural slope of the hill, located northwest of the Theater Bath, with an inclination of 50º. The analemna wall surrounding the theater that overlooks the Çürüksu Basin in a west-northwesterly direction, is 215 m above sea level and has a diameter of 100 m. A part of the seats in the seating area of the theater, which had a capacity for 8000 spectators, seem to have slid down the slope towards to orchestra and the remaining part is yet to be uncovered. While cut travertine blocks were used to build the parados (entrace), marble blocks were used to build the skene (stage building). The upper and lower cavea (seating area) were divided in the middle with a passage (diazoma). The access from outside into the seating area of the theater was done through 2 vaulted entrances in the north and 5 in the south. The first floor of the stage building is well preserved due to remaining uncovered and most of the blocks belonging to the stage can be seen in ruins in the orchestra area. The stage building measured approximately 7.30 m wide and 40 m high. The stylistic features of architectural remains found in the orchestra area of the theater indicate the 2nd century CE as the date of the theater.
Leon de Laborde-1838