Menu

Follow Us

The Late Byzantine Fortification Walls

The Late Byzantine Fortification Walls that bordered the western side of the city, start on the west of the Great Baths and continue towards the Upper Fortress. Only 1197 m of the length of the walls have survived and the present height is 7.50 m and the width is 2.40 m. The walls were built with travertine, stone, marble and brick with lime mortar and must have been planned and built at the same time as the Upper Fortress. 

 

The Late Byzantine Fortification Walls

 


 


Announcements View All